Understanding interrelationships in business management is the foundation of every successful manager today. As non-economist this program will equip you with the necessary tools in the areas of Strategy, Finance and Leadership to take confident and professional action in matters requiring business management skills and to position yourself in the long term as competent leader.
Essentials in General Management CAS HSG
Development of Business Competencies in Strategy, Finance and Leadership for Non-Economists
This certificate is aimed at non-business-administration specialists in lower and middle echelon management who want to acquaint themselves with business subjects.
- Shape future-proof competitive strategies to position yourself and survive in contested markets.
- Initiate change processes and be capable of advancing them and bringing them to a professional conclusion.
- Know the fundamentals of double-entry accounting and analyze past events.
- Plan the financial future making use of key figures and prepare capital budgets.
- Develop your own specific management style and lead your team securely and confidently even in difficult circumstances.
Overall, this Executive Education program lasts 6-9 months, depending on the entry point, and includes:
- E-learning with e-mentoring as a preparation for the on-campus modules "Building Sustainable strategies" and "Driving Financial Performance".
- 4 on-campus modules in St. Gallen
- September 24 - 25, 2019: Self-Management and Resilience
- December 4 – 6, 2019: Building Sustainable Strategies
- June 30 – July 03, 2020: Driving Financial Performance
- August 31 – September 02, 2020: Leading with Energy and Focus
Inhalte & Faculty
Self-Management and Resilience - September 24. - 25, 2019
Self-Management: Living and accomplishing self-determined, creating good relationships, being effective and experiencing self-efficacy
A worthy image of man: Recognize and live your own potential, internalize strong and sustainably sound dogma and anchor yourself in your own strength and peace.
Development of inner strength and success: Create attitude and being meaningfully, raise self-confidence, recognize price tags of your own values and apply the 7-step process model to practice
Building Sustainable Strategies - December 4 – 6, 2019
Strategies for business units – develop competitive strategies and tactics for contested industries
Implementing strategies – initiate, follow and conclude change processes
Building innovative business models – improve value creation and develop the business mode
Driving Financial Performance - June 30 – July 03, 2020
Understanding balance sheets and asking the pertinent questions – interpret key figures correctly and recognize risks early on
Tools of financial management – utilize the business plan as tool to successfully shape the future
Financial performance indicators – analyze and assess the success of strategic decisions
Leading with Energy and Focus - August 31 – September 02, 2020
Develop your own management style – manage yourself and your team confidently and persuasively
- Effective and inspiring leadership – develop and communicate a common vision
Change management – overcome resistance and motivate your employees to stand behind a common goal
Tomi Laamanen, Prof. Dr. Dr., Chair of Strategic Management, Director of the Institute of Management, University of St. Gallen
Dr. Thorsten Truijens, Academic Director of the Finance and Controlling Certificate, Institute of Management, University of St. Gallen
Heike Bruch, Prof. Dr., Director of the Institute for Leadership and Human Resources Management, University of Gallen
Michaela Platter, Mag. Dipl. Ing. – Self-employed Business Consultant , Trainer & Coach
Are you interested? Then sign up for the executive education program „Essentials in General Management CAS HSG“. To do this, you must first create an account. Then you can go through the application step-by-step and submit. We look forward to your registration!
Mit einer Weiterbildung an der Universität St.Gallen (HSG), einer der führenden Wirtschaftsuniversitäten Europas, schaffen Sie sich die besten Voraussetzungen für Ihre Zukunft. Die HSG ist mehr als ein Lernplatz, sie ist ein Ort der Inspiration, der Sie zum Denken anregt. Sie eignen sich aktuelles Wissen von hoher Praxisrelevanz an und gewinnen wertvolle Erkenntnisse. Dadurch sind Sie in der Lage, einen wichtigen Beitrag zur gesellschaftlichen, wirtschaftlichen und zu Ihrer persönlichen Entwicklung zu leisten. "From insight to impact" ist nicht nur unsere Botschaft, es ist ein Versprechen, an dem wir uns messen lassen.