Areas of expertise
Compliance strategy, organization, and management; cross-border compliance; corporate governance; compensation and incentives; board of directors and board committee issues; effectiveness assessments; leadership, culture and risk; international standard setters, regulation and regulatory strategy.
- Bachelors in European/international relations (Amherst), further university studies in Geneva and Vienna
- Masters with focus on international business and international law (Fletcher in cooperation with Harvard)
- Juris Doctor (Harvard)
- Attorney-at-Law (New York)
- Certified International Compliance and Ethics Professional
Further professional activities
- Currently: Senior Partner, HCM International, Zurich
- Previous positions include: Head of Governance, FINMA; Group Chief Compliance Officer Zurich Insurance Group; Attorney, Shearman & Sterling
- Various leadership and board member roles in professional associations, including as President of the Association of Corporate Counsel Europe, Board member of Ethics & Compliance Switzerland, and Chair of the Global Governance and Executive Compensation Network.
- Various teaching and lecturing assignments including as Teaching Fellow (Harvard University), Co-Chair of the Corporate Compliance Programme (Practicing Law Institute), and guest lecturer at various universities.