Areas of expertise
Compliance strategy, organization, and management; cross-border compliance; corporate governance; compensation and incentives; board of directors and board committee issues; effectiveness assessments; leadership, culture and risk; international standard setters, regulation and regulatory strategy.
- Bachelors in European/international relations (Amherst), further university studies in Geneva and Vienna
- Masters with focus on international business and international law (Fletcher in cooperation with Harvard)
- Juris Doctor (Harvard)
- Attorney-at-Law (New York)
Further professional activities
- Currently: Senior Partner, HCM International, Zurich and Chairman of the GECN Group
- Previous positions include: Head of Governance, FINMA; Group Chief Compliance Officer Zurich Insurance Group; Attorney, Shearman & Sterling
- Various leadership and board member roles in professional associations, including as President of the Association of Corporate Counsel Europe Board Member of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, and VIce-Chair of Ethics & Compliance Switzerland,
- Various teaching roles, including as Teaching Fellow (Harvard University), Co-Chair of the Corporate Compliance Programme (Practicing Law Institute), and guest lecturer at various universities.