Your ability to handle strategic issues confidently and professionally under dynamic and complex market and competitive conditions has a lasting impact on the success of your venture. In highly dynamic and contested markets a professionally managed strategic process forms an important foundation for achieving company objectives. Entrepreneurial success is ultimately the result of the chosen strategy and its systematic implementation. That is why well-founded knowledge is indispensible for managers with responsibility for strategy!
Building Sustainable Strategies
Practical Use of Proven Strategic Tools for Managers in Executive Positions
This short program is aimed at all management personnel who are responsible for positioning or are involved in important decision-making processes.
- Initiate strategic processes, analyze the environment and align your key expertise to sustained potential.
- Select the right growth strategy, based on a clear analysis of the internal and external factors.
- Skillfully initiate change processes, advance them and bring them to a professional conclusion.
- Utilize established strategic tools to introduce clear target systems and promote strategy implementation.
- Build innovative business models and proactively reshape the value chain.
This short program includes the following components:
- 3h self-study as preparation for the in-class module
- On-campus module in St. Gallen: June 07 - 09, 2022
Content & Faculty
Utilize strategic tools
Positioning & Competition
Strategic, normative framework
Business & corporate strategy
Business Models & Change
Reshape the value chain
Managing strategic change
Prof. Dr. Dr. Tomi Laamanen, Chaired Professor of Strategic Management and Director of the Institute of Management (IoM) HSG. Expert on Strategy with a special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, managerial cognition and capability dynamics.
Dr. Wilfried Heupl, Associate Lecturer of the Institute of Management (IoM) HSG. Expert on Strategic Management, Change Processes and Organizational Development.
How to apply
Are you interested? Then sign up for the executive education program „Building Sustainable Strategies“. To do this, you must first create an account. Then you can go through the application step-by-step and submit. We look forward to your registration!
Executive education at the University of St.Gallen (HSG), one of Europe's leading business universities, provides you with an optimal preparation for the future. The University of St.Gallen is more than just an educational institution; it is a place of inspiration that stimulates you to think. You will acquire up-to-date knowledge that is of great practical relvance, and gain valuable insights. This will enable you to make an important contribution to social and economic progress and to your own personal development. "From insight to impact" is not just our message; it is a promise against which we can be measured.