The role as manager has steadily become more complex in recent years. For a successful career, well-founded knowledge in the area of finance and controlling topics is also an essential for „non-financials“. At the forefront of the on-campus module is the practical application and concrete assessment of business cases. In terms of finance-conscious management this will sharpen your competence decisively.
Driving Financial Performance
Finance for Non-Financials: Develop Your Financial Confidence
This short program is aimed at non-financials in lower and middle echelon management with responsibility for costs and results.
- Develop a basic understanding of financial and business accounting.
- Know and apply the main tools for the financial side of business management.
- Immerse yourself in the topic of controlling and acquire an overview of planning, reporting and cost management.
- Enhance your strategic options by valuating a business using the main key figures.
- Calculate actual and future costs with the help of various methods of capital budgeting.
This short program includes the following components:
- 3h self-study as preparation for the in-class module
- On-campus module in St. Gallen: April 24 - 27, 2023
Content & Faculty
Analysis of Key Financial Figures
Analyzing and interpreting key figures
Understanding the financial basics of the business plan
Capital Budgeting & Business Valuation
Getting acquainted with capital budgeting methods
Conducting business valuations
Accounting & Controlling
Cost accounting fundamentals
A look at management-relevant controlling
Dr. Thorsten Truijens, one of the most successful HSG-lecturer in the area of Finance and Controlling.
How to apply
Are you interested? Then sign up for the executive education program „Driving Financial Performance“. To do this, you must first create an account. Then you can go through the application step-by-step and submit. We look forward to your registration!
Executive education at the University of St.Gallen (HSG), one of Europe's leading business universities, provides you with an optimal preparation for the future. The University of St.Gallen is more than just an educational institution; it is a place of inspiration that stimulates you to think. You will acquire up-to-date knowledge that is of great practical relvance, and gain valuable insights. This will enable you to make an important contribution to social and economic progress and to your own personal development. "From insight to impact" is not just our message; it is a promise against which we can be measured.