Content & Faculty
Day 1: Corporate Strategy and Portfolio
- Corporate strategy – Use of mergers and acquisitions as the means for growth
- Clarify acquisition motivations, synergies and success factors
- Portfolio Analysis – Develop strategies for competition and diversification
- Occupy attractive strategic business segments
Day 2: Governance and Acquisition Programs
- Reinforce the role of corporate governance in mergers and acquisitions
- Incorporate the specialities of cross-border mergers and acquisitions into strategic considerations
- Move from individual acquisitions to acquisition programs
Day 3: Portfolio Optimization
- Optimize overall corporate portfolio
- Perform synergy assessment and target setting in mergers and acquisitions
- Develop organizational blueprint for integration
- Prof. Dr. Dr.Tomi Laamanen, Chaired Professor of Strategic Management and Director of the Institute of Management (IfB) HSG. Expert on Strategy with a special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, managerial cognition and capability dynamics. As a member of the supervisory board and strategy consultant, he cooperates with international companies in various industries.
- Prof. Dr. Winfried Ruigrok, since 2011, Winfried Ruigrok Dean is the executive School of Management, Technology & Law at the University of St.Gallen. Since 1996 he has been Professor of International Management and Director of the Research Center for International Management (FIM-HSG). His research interests include strategy, internationalization of management and boards of directors, and corporate governance.
- Manfred A. Ebling, lic. oec. HSG, Head of Risk Policies & Governance, Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. Senior Finance Executive with transaction and leadership experience in Financial Services, Management Consulting and Industry with focus on risk management, M&A and legacy related work such as strategic project selection, due diligence, negotiation, closing and post-closing including integration, restructuring and board membership.